Northern Lights
**UPDATE!** I saw them! And they looked JUST like this picture, though it was pitch black behind them. And what I saw the other day was actually pretty cool when I thought about it more. Then last night I went on a tour where they took all of us foreigners outside the city. It was so cold and windy. (I was vaguely reminded of when I go skiing when sometimes I kinda start thinking "maybe I could just watch the skiing from the lodge.") It was really great to see how it would slowly develop, kind of like a nuclear-dust-cloud (eek), and get brighter, then spread, then transfer a little more and fade out. Very cool. Of course, I immediately called mom when I got home.***
Not that this compares to reproducing, but I got a glimse of the Northern Lights finally. I say glimpse cause it could have easily been mistaken for haze or pollution.
I stole this picture off the internet in particular cause it was that color and that texture. It was not as extensive as this picture though.
I'm going to go on a tour one night this week, hoping to get a better look by leaving the city and its lights.
I'm in Iceland again by the way.

2 Comments:
In your first sentence I thought you meant cardinal knowledge when you said reproducing! I had to read it again.... LOL!!!
Well the northern lights and the poem about cremating McGee sure put me in a winter mood. Being land-locked in Cleveland, I'll have to settle for cross country skiing at Shaker Lakes.
And Terri, it's "carnal knowledge" geez, from a librarian!
Post a Comment
<< Home